Phylicia Rashad has been universally accepted as the answer to all poise questions. Her features on The Cosby Show give us more than a taste of her feminine mystique, consisting of a super strong internal energy slay, her alluring look and countless demure idiosyncrasies of hers worth channeling.
I studied Phylicia for more than a bit and came up with 5 ways to channel her:
1. Let your genuine smile be demure and refined; not a total beam
2. Strive for that alluring mysterious look. Keep your eyes glazed
3. Have that unsurprised look always, hiding your displeasure anger or sadness behind your smile.
4. On a second thought, show your displeasure in a superior way. Strive for smug or snooty. Imagine you’re talking to a really annoying person, but think in your mind ‘I know it’s really in your nature to be annoying or rude, but it’s my glory to take the higher road and ignore your silliness’
5. Always have that self-love thang going on, sitting erect at all times. There’s no place for slouching in Phylicia’s world.
For you to be très efficace, you need a mirror, a camera and hours of practice to ensure you’re channelling Phylicia 100%
That’s about it folks.
Poise is the way you carry yourself in every aspect of your everyday life. Emotions are just emotions. Whether positive or negative, you could certainly make a game of poise out of it, no?
- Do you sway as you walk or are you stoic?
2. Do you beam radiantly or do you wear a demure smile?
3. How interesting is your look of introspection? Do you birth an idea or is there a twinkle in your eye?
4. How do you wear your frown? Do your eyebrows arch or are they still? Is your anger glorious beneath beautiful tears or are you magnificent sans expression?
5. Do you sit up straight, with your shoulders high, and how do you cross your legs?
What’s your game of your poise?